Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rehab Time



We saw the neurosurgeon's office again today for my 3 month follow up appointment. She thinks I'm doing very well and that I can slowly start building up my endurance with cardio workouts as long as they are impact-free. It's been a while since I've been able to be active, so I'm excited to start. Please pray that I will not get impatient or rush the process.

I'm trying out some hearing aids for a couple months to see if they will help. It's only been 5 days and the difference is unbelievable! I can hear everything and I'm getting used to the hearing aids quickly. I was struggling with 70% hearing loss which could have been putting extra stress on my brain.

I can honestly say I've seen some improvement since the surgery. Instead of running at 30-40% most days, I feel like I'm at 40-50% now. Our family is happy and full of the hope and peace of Christ. We will continue to ride this journey wherever it takes us. Thank you for all your love and support through the last 3 ½ years. It has meant more than you know and I can't imagine having to go through this without all of you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment