Monday, August 30, 2010

Where I am.... PRIDE

I'm dealing with my pride right now. James 5 has some amazing verses about healing and faith and prayer. Read through the whole thing. There are some exciting parts, but there is also some work involved.

I'm trying to put my pride away and get help. It is so hard! I know that if the situation were reversed, I'd be there in an instant to help a friend or a family member going through this. Why am I trying to rob them of their blessings and gifts they want to give me?

I'm putting away my pride. I've written down every symptom and I'm asking people to take one thing and pray about it daily. I have 2 people signed up and I'm working on asking certain people to take certain things.

I'm not the only one with pride, though. I have to get help for my family and I, but it's hard to tell your husband to put his pride away too. God wants us to be honest, humble, and to lean on each other as a family. I'm trying to give this up to Him so that He can heal me.

This is so much easier said than done.

Dan has taken every task away from me. It's good. It's hard, but it's good. He is handling the cooking, cleaning, decision making, everything. I am to just sit and rest and get better. It's hard to watch him struggle through this, but he is so supportive and he still has energy left to tell me I'm beautiful and he loves me.

I can't imagine being in his position after going through this for 15 months. I know I would be the same way as him, but it's tough to be on this end of it... watching him do EVERYTHING!

I am glad to be giving up my pride, and I know it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment