Monday, December 13, 2010

Progress... what's that?


I'm cautiously optimistic, but I think I might be making some progress. When we saw Dr. Leddy 2 weeks ago, he set my target heart rate at 123-128 for my 20 minute treadmill therapy. I have gotten to a point where I can do the 20 minutes at that heart rate symptom free. I called Dr. Leddy today to let him know about my progress. We are increasing my target heart rate to 140-145 for another 4 weeks until I have my next appointment.


I feel like I can have hope now and that maybe I really will be able to get better. I'm still going to take it one day at a time and try to keep my activity level under control. Dan and Dr. Leddy want to make sure I don't overdo it and even if I feel better, the more rest I have the better my brain can heal.


It's amazing to have you guys to have supported us through the last 18 months of this. I am so grateful to God for His constant faithfulness and love. Thank you for loving us and lifting us up. Seeing some progress after so long without any is so encouraging and so exciting! Please pray specifically that I will be able to continue to rest the way I need to so that my body can heal and I concentrate on the treadmill therapy.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I am with post concussion syndrome from 7 month, so I am researching about different treatments, so here is what I found interesting,

    Hypebaric Oxygen Threatment - (there are a lot of articles on this on but here is a nice youtube movie)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gslpMiTWjDk

    Electromagnetic current - http://www.mentoday.info/promising-therapy-could-make-post-concussion-not-such-a-headache-for-guys-like-carlo-colaiacovo/

    Chinese Medicine - http://www.bluepoppy.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/feature/1868/ba-zhen-tang-amp-post-concussion-syndrome.cfm

    Regulated exercise - http://www.neuroskills.com/pr-pcs.shtml

    Best Regards
    Ivaylo Makariev

    P.S. you can found me on facebook(Ivaylo Makariev)

    ReplyDelete