Wednesday, October 31, 2012

4 Weeks Post Op ACDF


I had my 4 week post-surgery appointment today. They looked at my xray and said it looks good and I'm healing well. They added a muscle relaxer to “relax my muscles” (duh), because they are tense and it will relieve some of my pain.

Over the next 2 weeks I'm supposed to use the muscle relaxers more and the pain meds less often. I should expect to still have soreness and fatigue for a while still. She equated it to a broken bone that they can't cast.

I will do another xray in 6-8 weeks and then see them again for another follow up. She said that although they successfully removed the pressure from my spinal cord and nerves, it can take 6 months to 2 years until all the symptoms are fully relieved.

They will not be able to assess whether or not I need the Chiari Malformation repair for at least another 6 months. Until then, I can just rest and slowly increase my endurance of activity while I heal from this disc surgery.  

I have had a tremendous amount of peace and comfort during my recovery. Thanks for the prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment