Saturday, October 6, 2012

Recovery Update


The surgery went well, better than expected, Dr. Gibbons said. He removed the disc and a bone spur and replaced the disc space with a bone graft. I have no sutures, just steri strips. I have to wear a hard collar for 5 days, and then just as I feel I need it. I was able to remove my bandages today.

Wednesday, they discharged me and I was home by 5:00 in the evening. I slept all that day. Thursday wasn't too bad. I was tired but just sore. Friday and today have been hard. I have been sore with a headache and nausea. It's been tough. My throat was very sore in the beginning, but now I am starting to be able to eat more solid foods.

Please continue to pray for healing. I think if I can eat better, I can heal quicker. Please pray against the nausea and the headaches. It makes everything more difficult. Taking off the bandage helped, and I think on Monday when I can take off the collar and shower, I'll feel better.

Thank you so much for all the prayer and support. I'm resting all I can and hoping to begin to be more comfortable soon. I'll keep everyone posted as I can.

Love, Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment