Monday, August 5, 2013

Faith and healing

I think that faith has been a huge part of my recovery. It would be so easy to give up and just decide that this is the way I'll be for the rest of my life. I believe the unique position I've been put in gives me unique knowledge to a people group who are suffering from some ailment in their lives. It's hard to go through anything, but we all go through something in our lives. It could be loss and grief, a long time illness, economic issues, etc.

My love for the Lord and my desire to bring Him glory has kept me strong through my 4 years of this brain injury. I fail all the time, but if I can remember to try to live different moments of my life as Jesus would if he were here in my shoes, I can bring glory to God.

Please use this space to discuss how your journey has been affected by God, good or bad. If you have questions about my faith or how to learn more about having a relationship with the Lord, please don't hesitate to ask.

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    Thanks for showing me this site. I'll use it to discuss my faith and healing here. I need to trust God's will and his purpose for my suffering. I know it's to keep me humble just like with Paul and the thorn in his flesh that God has allowed him to suffer. Praise him!

    God Bless,
    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger,

    It's hard. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't have this, would there be something else bad in my life? Do we always have to have a struggle so that we won't be complacent? I don't think that's true ultimately, but sometimes I worry that if this goes away or I start to feel better, something else in my life will fall apart.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,

    I would actually really love to talk to you. I understand you are going through the same thing as me and I really haven't had anyone to reach out to. I also started writing a bit of a blog for myself. I experienced a concussion back in October and have been completely symptomatic since, to explain, I am a senior in high school, and at this point, I have had to just get a letter from the school saying that I will graduate and I have not been back since. Here is my email: emilyerkert@gmail.com let me know if you would be interested in swapping stories or talking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TCG,
      I'm so sorry you are going through this. It is really tough to deal with the unknowns and try to manage symptoms. I can't imagine going through it in high school. How have you been feeling? Any change? What doctors have you seen? Are you on any medications?
      -Kate

      Delete
  4. My daughter suffered from PCS for several years with zero help from any of the 13 doctors she saw. We finally found an effective treatment program called LENS, which is explained at http://www.virginianeurofeedback.com/lens.php My daughter's story is at http://mindahaas.net/2013/03/one-concussion-too-many-my-post-concussion-story/ The LENS treatments gave her life back to her. Have you looked into LENS? You can find nearby practitioners at wwwochslabs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      I'm so glad you found a good treatment that has helped! That's fantastic! I'll take a look.
      -Kate

      Delete
    2. Kathy, I met with a LENS practitioner this week and go tomorrow for my QEEG. Thanks for the lead. I'll let you know how it goes.
      -Kate

      Delete