Tuesday, February 11, 2014

9th LENS treatment + z-score

I've had 9 LENS treatments so far and we have introduced z-score training the last 2 visits. He does the LENS first to wake up my brain and get it relaxed, and then does z-score training.

He hooks up the electrodes to my head and to the computer. With my eyes open I have to try to move a blimp across the screen in front of me. When my brain produces the waves it's supposed to in the right amounts, it moves the blimp forward. If my brain doesn't do what it's supposed to do, the blimp doesn't move.

The other part of z-score is with my eyes closed. Each site creates musical notes and plays the note when my brain does what it's supposed to do. It plays a melody when it's working well and is choppy when it's not doing what it is supposed to do. It's positive reinforcement for my brain.


He has seen improvement in my brain waves during the z-score training that can just get better over time. It may take more time to build retention so the results can last.  


2 comments:

  1. I am also doing a neurofeedback training to treat my 15 years long post concussion syndrome, it is a long journey to go through and hopefully we will all see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you! What kinds of things have you been doing within neurofeedback? How many treatments have you had? Have you seen any changes?

      Delete