Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Time to try something new

I've been making good progress at the Neuropsychologist. I have really come to a place of calm and peace in dealing with my symptoms. It takes longer and more activity for me to become panicked or anxious about feeling the way I do. I am sleeping better and even dreaming. I am able to put things aside and deal with them later rather than feeling like I need to run away from everything.

It's great to be managing my symptoms well, but at the same time, I still am feeling the symptoms. I still wake up with a headache every day. I still experience nausea, unsteadiness, fogginess, lack of motivation, forgetfulness, and mood and emotional swings. It takes 1-2 hours for those symptoms to get worse and slow me down, which is a lot better than the 30-60 minutes about 6 months ago. I think it's time to try some more stuff.


I put a call into a Chiropractic Neurologist and I'm going to have a consultation there to see if they can do anything for me. I'm open to any other ideas. What have you heard that has worked for others? Any diet changes that have helped anyone with concussion issues?


3 comments:

  1. Glad that things are progressing for you. Somedays even a little progress makes you feel like you just climbed Mt. Everest. I'm 1 year out from my tbi, I can comletely relate to all of your symptoms, I have found that a daily low dose of amitriptyline hcl (10mgs daily) keeps my head from hurting so badly, it still hurts but not near as bad.

    My wife came across a book called the "Wheat Belly" and the "Wheat Belly Cookbook" It talks about how different Wheats can be bad and cause a lot of extra problems people are experiencing today. We have just started cooking this way in the past week, I can feel a small difference already in that I'm not quite so foggy headed, or I can make it longer in the morning before I feel like crawling back under the covers. Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but its worth a shot. I will comment back after we have done this for a while and let you know if I see any progress, or more appropriately if my wife sees any progress!.

    Good Luck and stay encouraged

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I posted in your blog and hit my head around the same time you got injured (May 2009). I had a mTBI and PCS followed. I tried many therapies Neurofeedback (twice), visual therapy, physical therapy, chiro etc,, etc.,

    Only one condition almost resolved which is my smell and taste came back about 95 %. I thought I had to live with distorted sense but nothing to complain. But other symptoms like head pressure, nausea, balance issues, fatigue, sound and vision sensitivity and neck pain and all I have to deal with them on a daily basis still after 5 years.

    I take Xanax minimum dosage and some times up it if I feel bad and that is the only medicine which works. After reading your last post I was also thinking about trying some pot down the line. This is not normal way to live and I sure understand your symptoms.

    I can see you don't want to quit and ain't quitting either. Just taking a break :)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your chiropractic sessions with the neurologist made an impressive progress regarding you condition. How are you doing now? Did the symptoms alleviated since the treatment? As for diet, jus maintain a healthy meal plan, and stay away from caffeine, alcohol, and artificial flavors. Take care!

    Vanessa Adams @ Oshawa Chiropractor

    ReplyDelete