Thursday, October 14, 2010

One migraine can't get me down


It's been going ok since my last update. I didn't have a migraine for almost 2 weeks, and then I got one on Sunday. I'm trying to just stay positive and keep sight of the fact that it had been so long without one. I can't let my setbacks take away from the wins. I have been able to get on the treadmill every day for 15 days now, except for Sunday. My time keeps increasing, and it's so encouraging. I did 9 min and 30 sec on Saturday, and after my migraine Sunday I was back to 7 min and 20 sec on Monday. I would appreciate prayer on my ability to keep getting on the treadmill every day. I know it's going to keep taking time and I shouldn't be impatient, I'm trying to trust the process.

I still have the same other symptoms every day. Not getting migraines is a huge relief, but the every day headache is still there. It's manageable for me, because I've gotten so used to having it. I still have the nausea, some fatigue, and other cognitive/balance type issues. I have to continue to let my body rest and use the strength I have for the treadmill treatment. I feel like God is giving me a real light here with me not getting my migraines so much anymore. It's been a huge relief!

I see Dr. Leddy in 2 weeks, and I'm excited to show him my progress. We're praying that my migraines stay away and I'm able to keep myself from over-doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm also called Kate. I suffer with 'cluster' migraines and I've been off work all week with it. On and off I get these probably on average every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes I'm nausaus, back of my left eye aches and my last one I fainted. I'm just curious what is the treadmill thing you're doing?

    ReplyDelete