Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"I called, you answered, and you came to my rescue...."

Hillsong, "You came to my rescue"

Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek your face
Lord all I am is yours

My whole life
I place in your hands
God of Mercy
Humbled I bow down
In your presence at your throne

I called you answered
And you came to my rescue and I
I wanna be where you are

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high



It's such a simple song, but it's been in my head ever since worship on Sunday. I was brought to tears singing to Jesus this beautiful song. As the lyrics have run a loop in my head for the last 2 days, I've been trying to process them.

I love the Lord with all my heart, but I can't help calling out to Him right now. I'm begging Him to make me better. I'm calling, He's not answering! I don't love Him less, I don't have less faith in Him. I'm just calling....

I want Him to be glorified when I get better. I want it to be because He did it. He's the one who will heal me. My husband said it best "When you are complacent, it's easy to let the things in your life bring you joy. When you are hopeful, the joy is that much harder to find every day. It's going to be harder now that you are hopeful."

It's so true. I will continue to call, and one day- He will answer. He will be lifted high!

No comments:

Post a Comment