Sunday, September 13, 2009

found great message board

I found a great message board that seems to be completely dedicated to Post Concussion Syndrome! I have just submitted my first post on Neurotalk, and I am so happy to have found it! I really want to dedicate this blog to finding help for people like me who have wavered and searched for information on this crazy thing. It's tough to find any support, treatments, or hope!

I also just remembered a symptom worth mentioning. I only seem to lose the words I want to say while I'm on the phone or have already reached my limit. I think the phone conversation is a stressful scenario for me. I feel like I have to be "on" while talking to someone over the phone. Emailing or Facebooking is so much easier for me, because I can compose my thoughts and fix any silly mistakes that the PCS gives me.

I can't wait to see if I can find a place in this new community! The little improvements to my poor quality of life are so exciting!

Symptoms Right Now:
I have "pins and needles" in the toes on both feet
Neck tightness/pain/cramping
Headache in the back of my head (getting worse- thinking about a Treximet)
Light nausea
Unsteadiness
Slow thinking
Fatigue, but can't sleep b/c of Nuvigil
My eyesight is doing that weird slow motion thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    Sorry to hear about your PCS. My daughter suffered a concussion and PCS and had many of the same symptoms you are experiencing, she also suffered amnesia for a few months.
    I don't know what supplements you are taking but I believe fish oil, in high doses, and Curcumin, which is derived from Tumeric and is known for it's potent anti-inflammation properties, really helped my daughter with her PCS. It's been a year since her accident and other than being bothered by loud noises she seems 100%, no more headaches or nausea.
    Wishing you the best in your recovery, hang in there.

    John Anderson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I agree that the biggest problem with TBI is inflammation. Anything that can reduce that will help. Thanks for sharing!
      -Kate

      Delete