Sunday, September 13, 2009

Today's Wii Fit

I just finished my daily workout.... if you can even call it that! I was able to get through the first 8 Yoga poses. At the 5th one, my head started to feel more achy. I probably shouldn't have pushed it and stopped at the 5th, but I guess I'm a little narcissistic. I really want to look great in my Maid of Honor dress for my sister's wedding in less than 2 weeks!

I hate that I have gained so much weight while I've been sick. I used to be so active all the time, and now I am so limited! At work, I was always up and down from my desk and running all over the place. I even took walks on the nice days during lunch. How I used to envy those on disability who could just relax all day long! Even eating is different. I can't drive, so I can't shop. I can only cook sometimes. My wonderful husband will shop and cook, and does a fantastic job. Of course there are always limitations.

I have learned that when you are asking someone else to do something for you, you really have to accept how and when they do it. I'm still adjusting to this new way of life, but I think it has helped me become more easy-going than I had been before. "My way" doesn't really exist anymore. I have learned to show my gratitude by keeping my mouth shut.

I am so grateful to the merciful Lord for my amazing husband. After reading some of the posts on some message boards, I really have had my eyes opened. Dan is so supportive in every way. Sure, he's human and makes mistakes, but look at what he has to deal with!

My mother always said to me when I came to her with any marital problem, "You're no picnic, either!" She's right- I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment